Before you can run a Campaign on your website you need to add the website to your Fathom account. Follow these steps to add a website to your account.
- Sign in to your Fathom account, or sign up for one.
- Click on Websites in the menu on the top.
- Click on the Add Website button at the top.
- Fill in the required details.
- Name - It is a good idea to descriptively name your website for easy recall later, when you have multiple websites in your account.
- Site URLs - Provide the domain of your website preceded by the correct protocol standard (http or https). To add subdomains under the same website, you need to provide the URLs of your subdomains, one each in a new line. Read more about site URLs here.
- Site Search - Indicate if you want your search to be tracked too. This is handy if you would like improve your internal search. Please note, this is not about Google indexing your website.
- e-Commerce - Indicate if your website is an e-commerce site. Pages and flows specialised for e-commerce websites can be tracked better when this is indicated correctly.
- Click on Submit at the bottom
When your website has been added, you can begin running Campaigns on it.
Wait a few minutes and make sure the status of your website is shown as Verified in your account. If it is not, then there maybe some error with your installation which you need to address.
Further reading: Read how to setup and run campaigns on your websites.